[SCCC] August UHF Contest

Jeff Kincaid, W6JK w6jk at arrl.net
Sat Aug 6 11:59:54 EDT 2016

It's so confusing.  The ARRL says the August UHF is cancelled while they think about holding it in the Spring.
ARRL 2016 August UHF Contest Cancelled

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| ARRL 2016 August UHF Contest CancelledThe American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources. |
|  |
| View on www.arrl.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

But they are no longer the sponsor of this event, so how do they get to cancel it?
Rules for the 2016 August UHF Contest
|   |
| Rules for the 2016 August UHF ContestClarifying note added 8/3/2016 in response to inquiries: As in ARRL-sponsored VHF/UHF contests, a single operator low powerstation may use up to 100 watts power output, measured at the transmitter,on 222/432 and 50 watts on higher bands.  Also, operators at a multioperator... |
|  |
| View on www.uhfcontest.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I'll be on 220, 432, and 1296 working SSB, CW and FM if anyone would like some contacts.
See you on the air!
Jeff W6JK