[SCCC] Winkey assembly

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 18:55:41 EDT 2016

I'm putting together my first kit since I assembled the Heathkit
HW-8--yeears ago. (I still have it!)

Just started assembling the WinKey USB SMT CW keyer.

Any idiosyncrasies I should know about that the Assembly Guide doesn't
mention? It looks pretty easy and straight-forward.

I hope to take it on its maiden voyage--along with the N1MM logging
software--on a US Islands Expedition all the way to Naples Island (Mothers
Beach at Marine Park) in Long Beach in a couple weeks for the US Islands
QSO Party Saturday, August 27.

Any tips on the WinKey assembly and/or operation for a new user?

Thanks.

73,
Bob NC6Q