[SCCC] Winkey

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:36:41 EDT 2016

Stephen W5LIF,

When you wrote:
.

My only frustration is that after it sits for a few days it seems to go
offline and not respond until I open the case and pull a battery to reboot
it. Maybe I'm missing something. If you notice what that is, please let me
know.

.
I found out something that you might already know, but I'll pass it on
anyway, in case...

As mentioned in this article on Winkey 2 on page 24, Reset WK2/Restore
Factory Defaluts:

https://timewave.com/support/Navigator/OldWebSite/linked/winkeyusbman.pdf

"if Winkey2 is disconnected from the host unexpectedly... (you do this...)"

I could intentionally get the Winkey to not respond by disconnecting the
USB cable before the program or computer had shut down.

Well, I tried to press the command button and wait for an R to reset, but
that didn't work for me. It was unresponsive.

So, I'm considering your trick and I may install a mini push button switch
to the right of the speed pot that I'd wire inline with the batter B+ and
the board. The switch would be of the type Normally Closed, so when I push
it, it Opens and disconnects the battery momentarily (like you do) but I
wouldn't have to open the case.

Maybe someone else has some insight into this.

73,
Bob NC6Q