[SCCC] CQ160 CW WN6K Single Op HP

PAUL DOREY wn6k at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 1 15:00:28 EST 2016

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:38

Total:  QSOs = 155  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 2  Total Score = 18,262

Came home from a Saturday evening event honoring a brother in-law and decided to
put in a few hours to see if by accident I might muster a QSO with someone in
WV (my last state needed on 160m) - did not happen.

There was a bit of a pre-storm bluster going on outside with breezes and drizzle
but all in all, the band seemed quieter on my OCFDP at 50 feet.  In that I
usually can only find my way to the banks of the Mississippi River with no way
to get across, I was certainly pleased that I rotated the Power Out to 200w (I
was just hoping the 3db was going to get me that WV) AND I was not only hearing
east coast but being heard too.

Of the 48 states, I managed 38 but alas no WV. DX was just KH6 & PJ2T but
again I  was just on for a few hours. 6 VE Mults was good for me and the APF on
the FT-5000 helped poof up the QSB drops a bit.

For the short time it was, I did have a lot of fun and kept me busy till (it's
nice being "fresh meat") I could no longer keep the peepers open. This was fun but I STILL NEED WV!

WN6K. Paul