[SCCC] W6PH NA Sprint CW Feb 2016

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Sun Feb 7 15:43:44 EST 2016

I hope the format holds.

                  NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH
Class: Single Op HP
Operating Time (hrs):  4

80:    83      1+11
40:   132      1+49
20:    77      1+00
--------------------------------
Total:  292   Mults  = 44  Total Score = 12,848

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Rig:  K3 Expert 1.3K-FA plus Field Day antennas  Win-Test  4.11

Comments:  I probably have done less than five Sprints in my  life.  It
took a little getting used to.   I used manual keying  as I couldn't type in
the call signs fast enough to use computer keying.

Post contest analysis:  I should have left 20m sooner for 40m.  I  spent
too much time on 40m and should have gone to 80m about 20 minutes  sooner.
That is lack of experience in this contest.  I got close to  300.  My goal was
250.  I recall that the highest I had in the past  was 260.  So I am happy
with the result.

Activity was very good.  I never had a slow time.

Contacts per hour:
Hr 1 - 75
Hr 2 - 77
Hr 3 - 66 (Stayed on 40 too long)
Hr 4 - 72

The W6SX Prime Directive to have fun was achieved.

73, Kurt W6PH