[SCCC] ARRL DX CW 15m SOHP W6YA

Bill Haddon haddon.bill at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:45:32 EST 2016

Hi Marko,

Yes, CwOps is great and I particularly like their $ contributions to ARRL
Scholarships.  Your note is a reminder that I need to re-up . . Maybe my
original membership #101 is still there!

K6RB and the others actually mimicked NS, in the sense of short sessions
and mid-week activity, choosing Wed so as not to conflict w/ Thurs NS/NS
Ladder.  Many told me the 1/2 hour mid-week would not work and that my
contest was too innovative. .  but we started a trend in 2004, most
recently with NW2K's Phone-Fray on Tues.

WRT CwOps .   I had to draw a line. .  I'm the Pres of an Observatory and
Planetarium here in Kelseyville, and operate a small winery; the commitment
on Wed is a little too much right now.  But I should re-join the group.  I
worked closely with Dean, NW2K on setting up Phone Fray, so Tuesday gets a
little preference, and I really like the SSB.  You must have a major
antenna farm to do so well in these with 100 watts.

73 Bill n6zfo