[SCCC] NX6T NAQP SSB LP M/2

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 02:37:47 EST 2016

North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI W2PWS WB6NBU NA6MB K6GO W6RW KB7V N6EEG
Station: NX6T

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA

  160:   13     5
   80:   70    24
   40:  430    60
   20:  201    53
   15:  300    49
   10:  180    24
-------------------
Total: 1194   215  Total Score = 256,710

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Had a nice start opening on 10 mtrs. 15 Mtr band fizzled out WAY TOO EARLY
around 2300Z and while 20 Mtr band seemed anemic we were forced to go to 40
Mtr
band at 2300Z which is WAY TOO EARLY to run east coast and midwest so we
suffered there til 0030Z when the band finally opened for us and we never
looked back and rode 40 til end of contest while 2nd stn slogged thu the
high
noise level and our mediocre antennas on 80 and 160. from around 2000Z til
0030Z, rates were marginal. We didn't even think we'd make 1,000 Qs but the
evening hours and low noise level and low QRM on 40 mtrs in even got us
caught
up and we ended up just short of 1200 Qs.
40 was a LOT of Fun with bursts of good runs. 3 K3s, C31XR, 3 EL SteppIR
@45 ft
2 EL 40 Yagi @70 ft, 80 and 160 mtr INV V Dipoles apex at 70 ft. 73 de
Dennis
N6KI

P.S. - Note to Howard, towards end of contest  VE6KD called us and asked if
we were running a FLEX radio......I cracked up thinking it was one of
Howard's Canadian buddies......I apologized to the VE6 that ,...No, we were
only running 3 obsolete legacy K3 radios..........!!!

In First place so far in M/2 and actually finished ahead
of Fast Freddy K9VV ( NP2X Group) !

Hoping our score holds !