[SCCC] SCCC Badge Update

Jeff Kincaid, W6JK w6jk at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 23:05:58 EDT 2016

Count me in.  I'd be interested in replacing my long-lost ARRL Life Member badge, too.
Jeff W6JK

    On Monday, July 11, 2016 7:35 PM, Dennis Younker NE6I <NE6I at cox.net> wrote:

 Hi all,

A quick update on the SCCC badge kick start.

I continue to work with the badge vendor. He does not normally stock
material for use with our badges. Apparently a red badge with yellow
lettering is rather unusual. He makes badges for quite a few large, medium
and small amateur radio clubs but does not stock this particular material.
He will be ordering it this week and sending me a sample proof. He asked how
many orders he should expect and I really couldn't give him an answer. I had
to go by how many responses I got from all of you here on the reflector and
via email. Not to worry. If we overrun his original material order, he will
order more, though that may slow down delivery at that point of course.

Once we complete this next step, we should be ready for him to publish an
SCCC badge ordering page and place that on our club web page. Our webmaster
Jim, AF6O has agreed to doing so when we are ready.

Due to overwhelming feedback, we will stick with the red background and
yellow lettering to match our original badges. The club name will be a
little more bold than on the legacy badges that were produced in the 1980s.
The corners will be rounded rather than squared so that we don't hurt
ourselves. (Just kidding! But they will be rounded for a more modern look.)
There will be some options available such as a lanyard (and you can choose
the color), military posts, over the pocket with a safety clip, and a few
others. Or, just the good old safety pin like the original legacy badge. The
options add some cost to your order. The good old safety pin, as is most
common with club badges, is standard at no additional cost. I can tell you
that the ARRL officials badge that I ordered for myself last month was
ordered with the lanyard and I'm very happy with it. Regardless, I think we
will all be pleased with these new SCCC club badges. I have a couple of the
legacy badges but will be ordering one of the new ones when the time comes.

Please note, you must appear on the official SCCC member web page to be
eligible for an SCCC badge. The list can be found below. If you are not
listed and wish to be a club member, click on the Join SCCC button and join
the club!

http://socalcontestclub.org/roster.php

More to follow.

73, Dennis NE6I