[SCCC] Of course Field Day is a contest (N6MI)

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 21 01:24:59 EDT 2016

I will be with the Orange Co ARC (W6ZE) just west of Knott's Berry Farm.
Hope to work you all.  I guess I am one of the proud and few doing CW.

Next year, I would be interested it getting So Calif Clubs together to try to work out
some strategies on increasing scores.   There is especially huge potential in the VHF/UHF bands plus 10m.
Seems like every club should work every other club on 10m, 6m, 2m and 440 x 3 modes (SSB, CW and PSK31).
That is 12 QSOs, with 8 of those 2 pointers!   Plus, I would like to see everybody get on their own HTs and
mobiles to work other clubs.   To see 2 meter logs with 25 QSOs nowadays just saddens me.  The huge potential out there.

73,

Tim N6GP