[SCCC] CW Colleague Wanted!

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Sun May 1 15:34:35 EDT 2016

It’s already the month of May and Field Day is next month!

-

I’m looking for a CW operator to team up with me for Field Day. It’s June
24 – 26 this year.

-

Each year our club, the Associated Radio Amateurs of Long Beach, has one of
the biggest Field Day events in Southern California. We usually operate 5A
or 6A (6 simultaneous transmitters) with the call sign of W6RO (temporarily
suspended from use on the Queen Mary). We operate from Recreation Park in
Long Beach the whole 24 hours. A lot of people stop by. This year a local
high school radio club will man one of the stations. Many of us camp out
overnight Friday and Saturday. Food is available and a lot of socializing
too. Some of us, of course, see it as a contest. (It IS a contest, right?)

-

The thing is, I’ve been the only CW operator for several years and would
like some help operating, setting up on Friday, and tearing down on Sunday.
The work is not heavy but I’d like to have some company—and run up a big
score! In the past, I’ve made a 40 meter Moxon (2 element wire beam)
antenna and a 20 meter Moxon antenna and hoisted them up high between 2
eucalyptus trees (pointed northeast). Works great and the physical antenna
separation and the front-to-back ratio keeps the same-band phone station
out of my ears (and mine out of theirs). (We have a lot of land to work
with at Rec Park.)

-

If you’re interested and/or would like more information, give me a call.

-

Bob Grubic NC6Q
562 889-3070

-