[SCCC] Fwd: CaQP K6Z M/MCntyExp HP

Bob K6ZZ bob.selbrede at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 23:18:09 EDT 2016

California QSO Party

Call: K6Z
Operator(s): W6PH K6ZZ KI6VC K6ZED WA1Z K1QX
Station: K6Z

Class: M/M CntyExp HP
QTH:

  160:    99      1
   80:   192    146
   40:   334    482
   20:   509    658
   15:   332    306
   10:     2      28
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1468   1621  Mults = 57  Total Score = 435,822

Club:

Comments:

Another enjoyable CQP.  Once again the K6Z Gang gathered in Lone Pine to
setup Field Day style in the shadow of Mt. Whitney.  We began setup
Thursday and finished up Friday in time for our customary Friday evening
feast and social gathering.  This is always one of the highlights of our
annual operation, one we look forward to every year.

Expecting limited 10M activity, we dropped from four stations down to three
stations simplifying setup which in the end was probably a good decision.
We ran three K3 stations two of which were equipped with KPA-500 amps and
the third equipped with an Expert 1.3K-FA.  The stations were paired
20M/160M, 15M/80M and 40M/10M with N1MM Logger running on a wireless
network.  We've been running the same version of N1MM for the past 4 years
because we have found it to be very stable so there is really no reason to
mess with the recipe.

Antennas were up 50' installed on three AB-577 military surplus masts.
They consisted of a homebrew 3 element 20M Yagi, homebrew 5 element
15M Yagi, and a Cushcraft 2 element 40M Yagi with a 10M driven element and
reflector added so we would have something up for 10M without needing a
forth AB-577.  A 80M Inverted Vee and 160M Inverted L topped things off.

We got off to a pretty good start with 57 multipliers in the log after
roughly 5 hours of operation.  The 58th, Alaska, was never found.  It seems
like many people missed the AK mult this year.  We had a power anomaly on
Saturday afternoon causing us to miss about an hour of operating time.
Other than that we didn't have any other Murphy moments.

73, Bob K6ZZ