[SCCC] CW Mode in contests

Dean Jones k6ddj599 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:51:54 EDT 2016

Hi all,
     I was wondering about how many of you run cw in contests using ONLY a
keyboard, no paddles?  Also, for those who do use both the keyboard AND
paddles, under what circumstances do you use the paddles and why?   I have
been using both, and either, and trying to compare my scores and any amount
of perceived fatigue with one method vs. the other.  So far, I have found
they are about equal as far as utility but would like to read what others
think about the subject.  This question is directed mainly at the folks who
are good typers and not the folks who do not use a keyboard at all because
they are not proficient at typing fast, therefore only using paddles.

Thanks, and look forward to any replies.
Dean, K6DDJ

PS:  I hope this question does not open a can-of-worms!