[SCCC] K6NA AA Phone

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Fri Sep 16 12:43:43 EDT 2016

All Asian DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6NA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: SoCal
Operating Time (hrs): 2:30

    80:
    40:  153    64
    20:
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  153    64  Total Score = 9,792

Just a few hours playing... fun to see Fall conditions coming.  I got
the 40m Yagi rotating again after 6 months downtime... just in time
for a contest where I didn't need to rotate the antenna.

My first entry into the AA contest  took place in 1966 - maybe
1967... from W9YT.  That would have been CW.    In relatively recent
years, the contest became a 48-hour contest.  Originally it was a
30-hour period, starting at 10Z on Saturday and ending at 16Z on
Sunday.  I loved the old format, which brought us all the good Asian
openings in 30 hours, without the slog of many other hours when bands
are not well open for us on west coast.  And, you could take a little
nap on Sunday morning after 16Z, and then have your Sunday for other things.

73,
Glenn K6NA
(sending '71' this time-- not '21') ;-)