[SCCC] The Grinch Stole 10 Meters - N6GP CW LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 10 19:25:09 EST 2017

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6GP
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  18     3
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  18     3  Total Score = 216

I listened in the Phone section of the band, and never even heard an SSB
station.   Ground wave propagation was VERY weak, or do a I have a problem with
my beam?   Santa Ana winds and low humidity raised the noise floor.

This is the worst 10m Contest ever for me in my 39 years participating.  Only
worked CO and OR mults Friday night.  Maybe missed some more Es action Friday
due to my local club's banquet.

Tim N6GP

P.S.  10 years ago I posted this, and it is even more true this year.

With apologies to Dr. Seuss's "Grinch Who Stole Christmas"...

You're a mean one, 10 Meters.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
10 Meters.

You're a bad banana
With a greasy black peel.

You're a monster, 10 Meters.
Your freqs an empty hole.
Your band is full of static,
You've got garlic in your soul.
10 Meters.

I wouldn't touch you, with a
sixteen and a half foot dipole.

You're a foul one, 10 Meters.
You're a nasty, wasty skunk.
Your heart is full of unwashed socks
Your soul is full of gunk.
10 Meters.

The three words that best describe you,
are, and I quote: "Stink. Stank. Stunk."