[SCCC] ARRL 10 Meter Contest?

Bob Grubic bobgrubic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 20:57:39 EST 2017

SCCC QSO Party
(ARRL 10 Meter Contest)
.
Call: NC6Q
Operator(s): NC6Q
Station: NC6Q
.
Class: SOA CW LP
QTH: Signal Hill
Operating Time (hrs): 8
.
Summary
CW QSOs   Mults
------------------------
30                2   (1 dupe)
.
Total: 30       2   Total Score: 420
.
Club: Southern California Contest Club
.
Comments:
.
No surprise openings that I could detect anyway, sandwiched in with several
family outings and events. I operated UN-assisted until a ham emailed me
that I got his call wrong; so I corrected it. :)  I called CQ 99% of the
time and got some good reading in of a book on my Kindle ereader called
"Code Talkers: The First and Only Memoir by One of the Original Navajo Code
Talkers of WWII." (double encryption) A really good book! Literally, take
you down in the trenches. Some QSOs were really hard to pull out, but then
CW does rock! How that one TX station heard me, I'll never know, but I
heard him too. Not too shabby for my indoor attic dipole! We gave it a go,
didn't we?