[SCCC] More Proposed changes to ARRL Bylaws from Lisenco

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Sat Dec 23 22:46:20 EST 2017

Hi, again, SCCC members..

In case you had not seen or heard about this already, there is a package of motions (separate from the Norris motions) that will be made by Hudson Director Lisenco at the January ARRL Board meeting the net effect of which is to give four votes on Board decisions to specified officers.  Whereas motions not involving the Articles or Bylaws currently require a simple majority (eight Directors, assuming all fifteen are present) to pass, making these four individuals the voting equivalent of Directors would mean that motions can now be passed with as few as six Directors out of fifteen voting in favor, assuming the President and vice presidents all vote for passage.

The motions would also add one Vice President as a voting member of the Executive Committee.

If attachments are supported, the motions are attached.  If not, you have the gist of them already, but if you really want the source documents, let me know and I’ll send them individually.

You may freely pass this information on to others (especially to ARRL members in other Divisions), post it and otherwise publicize it.

73,

Marty N6VI