[SCCC] Fwd: Re: N5IA Estate?

Jim Forsyth jim at af6o.com
Thu Dec 28 15:03:44 EST 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: N5IA Estate?
Date: 	Thu, 28 Dec 2017 19:33:08 +0000
From: 	samsadventure at gmail.com
To: 	Jim Forsyth <jim at af6o.com>

Last week, I spent a few hours trying to catalog the remaining stuff at
N5IA (Milt Jensen - SK) estate.  I will do my best to describe what I
found & saw, but make no representations as to the completeness or
usability of any of the items.  Serious inquiries should be directed to
Brett Jensen @ 575-654-1070. Brett is not a ham, and has limited
technical knowledge of the items.  The family seems willing to take any
fair offer, so I would suggest you find pricing on the item or something
similar and make an appropriate offer.  Everything is located within a
couple of miles of one another in the town of Virden, NM.
Everything is sold "as is, where is" you are responsible for loading &
removal.

Pictures are viewable at: _https://tinyurl.com/y9sn5tjm_ The numbers in
brackets below match up with the photos.

Location: #1 Virden, NM

  2ea Medium-sized trapped, TriBanders, with 18ft booms My best guess
from the traps are Mosley  TA-33's?  Look to be in decent shape, with
all parts there. (1,2,3)

  4ea Force12 EF-420's laying on the ground in tall weeds. (bring a
sling blade or hoe) (4,5,6)
  4ea Force12 EF-415's a little more accessable than the 20's (7,8)
  4ea Force12 EF-410's two of which are laying on the ground, two in the
air on 30ft Rohn tower
   (must be taken down) (9,10,11)
  Note: Larry said Milt bought these for use at Field Day, where they
could be put up pointing in
  all key directions.  They all look to be in good shape & complete.  I
would say they would be
  great for "stacking".  They have excellent reviews on Eham (4.9/5)
_http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/216_
_
_
  Several rolls (a few hundreds of feet) of 1/2inch 75ohm Hardline free
for the taking. (No Picture)

Location: #2 - Virden, NM

  OptiBeam 4020 8 element interlaced yagi (5 full size on 20, 3
shortened, linear/coil loading on 40)
_http://www.optibeam.net/index.php?article_id=113&clang=1_
  This antenna was bought along with a huge tower (sold) from a fellow
ham in the Tucson area.  It appears to be complete & in good shape.  It
is BIG & Heavy! But beautiful, even on the ground!
  It has been painted "camo" the previous owner said "it was an awesome
performer". (12,13,14)

  5 Element, 45ft Boom 20M Yagi in good shape, may be missing some
clamps etc.  My best guess is this is an older M2 20M5, but a fellow ham
suggested it could also have been made by HY-gain? (15,16)

  Large Ring Rotor, mfgr TIC, Ring OD approx 23inch, ID looks to be
sized for 18inch tower? (17,18)

  M2 15M6 (older model with 45ft 2-1/2inch/2inch boom) looks to be
complete, elements wrapped  together, painted camo. (19,20,21 - Gray Camo)

  10M 4 element, 24ft boom camo painted yagi, seems like an oddball,
only 4 elements on a 24ft?
  But, the Driven element measured 16' 6", my best guess is "homemade".
(19,20,21 - Green Camo) Found out this is the small lightweight M2 10M4DX

  C31XR engraved onto boom, with all elements positions also engraved.
Appears to be complete &  in good shape. (22,23)
  (all of the above antennas are laid out & elevated slightly off the
ground.  The components are
    grouped together & in some cases bundled together.)

  The following items are laying here & there, parts & pieces.  Brett
said he would give them as
   "extras" if you bought any of the above.  In the end, it will all
need to be hauled away:
  Linear-Loaded 2 element, 24ft boom 40M?  loading style looks to be
made by Force 12?? (24,25,26)

  KT34? 6 folded elements, 3" boom length incomplete??? Poor shape
(27,28,29)

  TriBander, trapped 3elements, 14-1/2ft boom, hairpin match (mfgr -
unknown) (28)

  Four 12 element 2M?? or VHF Yagi's for an array, any offer? (30)

  50ft Rohn Tower w/rotor plate (31)  Several old rotors, free with
tower or yagi purchase (35,36)
  A few extra Rohn sections (47)

  Spare pieces of boom laying around, several rotors & masts inside of
Rohn top sections, one long 2"  steel mast (20ft +). Many rolls of old
hardline, both 75 & 50 ohm - old, worn, would need to be checked,  again
free for the taking with purchase of anything else.   (32,33,34 & 43
thru 49)

  There is also many large fiberglass colinear verticals in a pile, mfgr
& frequency unknown, (42)

   Many, Microwave dishes, etc probably mostly old commercial gear.
(37,38,39,41)

  VHF Verticals (probably from repeaters) Freq unknown? (40)

Location: #3 - Virden, NM

  100ft Rohn 25 Tower, guyed, with what appears to be a Cushcraft
Shorty-Forty ???, and a Ham IV rotor.  Take it all down, haul it
away and it's all yours! (50,51)

  KT34)? 32ft / 3inch boom looks complete laying on ground against old
truck. (52,53,54)
   Plus, a Badly damaged spare KT-34??? bent 3inch boom, for parts, also
scrap AL tubing of various sizes. (55,56)

  40ft 18" 2-section crank-up Tower, needs new cable & some TLC (57)

  Numerous VHF & UHF yagis on the roof of the house, freq & mfgr
unknown. Two VHF colinears on top of towers, remove and they are yours. (72)

  Hustler mobile antenna, triple magnetic mount, with full set of traps,
in the box. (71)

  Very large spool (est over 1000ft CableWave Systems 16733 hardline)
most likely 75ohm but
  no info on internet??? (No picture)

  Many, many large rolls of new HD galvanized electric fence wire (used
for radials or beverages). (58,59)

  Hundreds of feet of 75ohm hardline, all used, various lenghts - free
for the taking.  An old 14x70 house trailer packed  with many old
repeaters, duplexors, shelves of QST's going back to the 60's, boxes of
old tubes, etc.   Again, clean it up, load it up, help the family a
little and haul it away. (60 thru 70)

  Old, custom built Amplifier. W5LAJ (4CX1500B) Status unknown. Haul it
away - it's yours! (73,74,75)

Sam N5FO

---
http://www.avg.com