[SCCC] Your Email to Central Division ARRL Members

Ken Widelitz kwidelitz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 17:47:32 EST 2017

Hi Kermit,

It is unfortunate that the red-line that was posted was not the current
version.

In any event, you wrote:

"The third motion, which I have introduced, would eliminate a significant
ambiguities in the ARRL By-Laws', "The ARRL Policy on Board Governance".

Simply stated, a Director MUST have the ability to tell the members of his
Division how they voted on any issue before the Board.

This change clarifies the few ambiguities that has given rise to the
pejorative reference"gag-order" when referring to the ARRL Policy on Board
Governance. While it has recently been repeated on the internet that the
ARRL Policy on Board Governance is a  gag order , which limits a Director s
ability to communicate candidly and directly, that is incorrect. However,
the presence of this incorrect perception indicates that the Policy itself
suffers from ambiguity or imperfections that must be corrected. The Policy
on its face must be as clear and direct as possible."

I agree 100% that a Director must have the ability to tell members how they
voted.

But if what you wrote is true, how was there even a motion to censure, let
alone a vote to do so with regard to Dick Norton, N6AA, if the Code of
Conduct is not a "gag order" and merely contains "ambiguities"? I must state
that I wasn't at the meeting where Dick made his comments and I understand
Dick's comments were not with regard to how he voted, but the principle is
the same as to a personal opinion on the subject matter.

Ken Widelitz, K6LA / VY2TT