[SCCC] W6TK - IARU

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 15:46:25 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK
Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: SB
  160:    5      0      3       0
   80:   90      3      8       7
   40:  207    224     27      19
   20:  360    218     26      40
   15:  101     18     14       8
   10:    3      0      2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  766    463     80      74  Total Score = 560,714

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments: Conditions were better than I expected - however 40 and 80 were
very noisy.  Even made a few CW Q's on 10 mtrs.
Discovered my 160 antenna had issues - should have checked that out before
the contest - bad on me!!  This old man couldn't
get much past 18 hrs in the seat out of the first 21 - so went QRT about
01:30AM local time Sunday morning.  Even though 80 was
noisy it got pretty good after about 11:30PM local time.  Was able to work
HB0HQ - where Bill, N6WS was on the team - but
only got them on 20 cw.  Had mostly CW Q's on 40 until Sat evening about
10PM and had a run of about 150 SSB Q's - so ended
up with a few more SSB than CW Q's on 40.  Everything worked well - the
FT5K has quite the receiver!
Thanks for all the Q's - had 4 with Paul, WN6K.
73 - Dick
Rig: FT5k --->Alpha 87A
Antenna: SteppIR DB-32 at 55 Ft (includes 2 ele on 40) + 1/4 wave slopers
on 160 and 80.
Interface: microKeyer II
Software: N1MM+