[SCCC] NAQP RTTY

Gayle Olson k6gogo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 16:36:59 EDT 2017

CALLSIGN: ZF1A
CLUB: CARS
CONTEST: NAQP-RTTY
CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE ALL LOW RTTY
CLAIMED-SCORE: 37752
OPERATORS: ZF2NA ZF2GO

 Band     QSOs     Pts  Sec  Mt2  Pt/Q
   3.5       1       1    1    0   1.0
     7      97      97   31    1   1.0
    14     322     322   49    1   1.0
    21       9       9    5    0   1.0
 Total     429     429   86    2   1.0
Score: 37,752
1 Mult = 4.9 Q's

10 totally dead and 15 on death's door...
Wasted almost 45  minutes for 9 Q's on 15 by CQing for 20 minutes and then
S&P.
Bad move to do that...

80 was too noisy.
Wasted 15 minutes for 1 Q on 80 by S&P.
Had to stay for 10 per rules anyway...

Therefore, our best band was 20.
AND since the other bands were closed, 20 was jammed fron the first minute.
DMC RTTY contest at the same time didn't help either.

We found a narrow slot and had a few really great runs, then activity
dropped off, then another run.
Quite variable. Of course, we wish the runs had been more frequent or
longer.
Not sure how our signal sounded at 70 Watts (contest max is 100), but being
a unique mult and the 18 element log periodic at 100 feet helps.

We had a couple of runs lasted 45+ minutes that peaked at 100 QSOs/hr.
20 died at about 2100 and 40 never gave us a run like we had on 20.
Thunderstorms in the area caused some noise crashes.

Gayle K6GO/ZF2GO and I NA6MB/ZF2NA had fun for our first time full effort
in a RTTY contest.