[SCCC] Group net?

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Fri Jul 21 20:19:21 EDT 2017

Hi Brandon,

The club once had a net on 80 or 40 meters. I don't recall which now. That
was way back in the 1980s. Some of the members even had 2 meter spotting
networks running.

80 meters would be appropriate for a net nowadays if on HF due to the wide
area covered by the club. I'm not up to speed on linked repeaters and
digital voice modes that cover wide areas these days.  If someone has an
interest in putting a net together, whether HF or other, I'm sure some of us
would attend to trade stories and tidbits, or just to say hello.

In this day and age of the internet, this reflector has become the current
method of trading information for the SCCC but it's not the same of course
as hearing each other's voice and saying hello real time.

--Dennis NE6I