[SCCC] Plans For June VHF Contest this weekend? de N6GP/R

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 12:00:48 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Wondering what others are planning for the June VHF Contest.

I will be roving again, starting out in the San Gabriel Mountains on the Angeles Crest Hwy in DM14.  Then making a quick move over

the line into DM04.

Mid to late afternoon I will be at Signal Hill DM03.   And the end of the day at Signal Peak, Newport Beach for DM13.

Sunday I will probably re-visit the square I had the least activity from, or I might consider driving to Del Mar for DM12.  Also considering

DM15, but it is too darn hot.

I will be on the 4 low bands (6, 2, 220 and 440).  Considering doing JT65, but it is slow.

Please keep a look out for Steve KK6REB in Cypress.  He will be on 6m SSB, 2M FM and 440 FM.

I would appreciate the contacts, as we know the fierce competition from the East Coast and Washington.

Tnx & 73,

Tim N6GP/R