[SCCC] W6PH June VHF 6M HP

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 17:19:58 EDT 2017

Not a great deal to report.  I put in around 4 hours and caught  several of
the good hours to the northwest and to the east including some double  hops
on Sunday afternoon.  I had only one contact on Saturday with K7CA  DM26 on
cw.

Sunday morning the band opened to the northwest and mostly CN87 and CN88
with a few scattered in Montana.  Then the band died and I went out to do
yard work.  I got back on about 2 pm and didn't see anything on the  P3.  So I
gave a CQ on 50.125 and got a call from a loud Texas  station.  I moved up
the band and it came alive widening out to the  Carolinas and Georgia.  I
made one lonely contact to the northeast with  N1KWF in FM32 who is a good
friend of mine.  He has a 6M9 at 100  feet.  It was a weak but readable contact
on cw.

Final score:  117 Q, 58 Grids for 6,786

All either CW or SSB.  I heard every contact. No alligator  contacts (aka
JT).

I swung the beam to the south to try for DM's 13, 14, but nada.

For some reason we just don't get openings like the rest of the US.   But
it was still fun.

K3 and P3, Expert 1.3K-FA, 6M7JHV at 60 feet.

73, Kurt W6PH DM06wn