[SCCC] W6TK - WPX-SSB

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:56:41 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

------------
  160:    0
   80:   39
   40:  371
   20:  811
   15:  364
   10:   30
------------

Comments:  Had a few good runs along the way which made the effort extra
fun.  I was
able to get into the tail end of the EU opening on 20 Sunday - some pretty
amazing
localized propagation.  Good opening Friday evening into Russia over the
pole - lasted
about an hour.  Sat morning was interesting - the JA's were sparse but the
YB and BY's
were plentiful along with a few other countries from that area.  Still rare
for me
to work VU's - and I can't recall ever working any AP's, etc.  I didn't get
many
African's this time - a few called in on Sat evening on 40. The CN stations
were very
active and had good ears.  Had a pretty good EU opening on Sat evening on
40.
Fun time.  Worked N6RV, N6QQ, N6WS, NC6B, KI6QDH, N6ETO -
some of the locals several times.  Thanks for the Q's.
73 - Dick