[SCCC] WPX SSB N6RV SO(A) AB HP

Bill Kendrick kendrick.w at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 27 14:52:26 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Location: USA
Band	QSOs
160:	0
80:	0
40:	159
20:	204
15:	89
10:	20
Total:	472	Prefixes	318	Total Score	490,356

Just fooling around with SO(A) AB HP. I wanted to see how the other guys
live!!! Hopefully a lynch mob did not form in my front yard. I gave up HP
years ago to keep the neighbors happy.

It was easy to achieve a very high rate by pointing and clicking on the band
map. I would jump from one station to another and give one call. If they did
not answer I would go to the next and come back later. If they were working
somebody I would use the same method to find someone who was free.

Activity was better than ARRL Phone and Europe was there on 40 and 20.
Sadly, I spent a whole bunch of time trying to work A44A. Did anyone work
him? I think he did not work US stations. I heard him work one VE9. When a
K0CN called him he copied his suffix. When he gave him his full call he
seemed to move on to another station? It was frustrating hearing everyone
call him and only hear him work Europe and Asia. In any event I did catch
A61QQ and HS5NMF for two new ones for the DX Marathon. I am up to 204 for
the year.

Next year I may do the same. There is lots of DX to be had in this contest!