[SCCC] WQ6X at NX6T - CQWW WPX CW M2 HP AB

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Mon May 29 14:22:02 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X N6CY* N6KI DL3YM K4RB K6AM*
Station: NX6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 48
*Remote Operation OPs

------------
  160:    0
   80:  152
   40:  898
   20: 1751
   15:  502
   10:   59
------------

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

Things started out very badly with 3 Operators dropping out just the day
before contest and station rewiring caused serious inter-station
interference.

 Luckily, Andy DL3YM was in town on business and being a good CW OP helped
us out immensely  ! N6CY remoted in for 6 hours on early Saturday morning
and K6AM
remoted in on Saturday nite for 3 hours. 20 was the money band with a
steady yield of stations but a real slog on Sunday as usual.

We lost our internet
telnet packet cluster feed Sunday afternoon for 90 minutes and that really
hurt us when looking for mults. We were trying to beat our 8 Million point
score from
2014 but too many things went wrong including poor condx on 10 and 15, and
a CME solar event over weekend put Murphy on our six.

Luckily 20 mtr band never shut down and we made over half our QSOs on that
band!

Condx on 15 my band mediocre and we managed almost 60 QSOs on a pretty much
dead ( at least for SoCal) 10 mtr band !

73 Dennis N6KI