[SCCC] CQWW CW 2016 Results

Dennis Younker NE6I NE6I at cox.net
Wed May 31 21:48:33 EDT 2017

The results of the CQWW CW 2016 contest were published in the May, 2017
issue of CQ Magazine and of online here:
https://www.cqww.com/results/2016_cq_ww_dx_cw_line_scores.pdf .

Congrats to Dan, N6MJ operating as ZF2MJ who beat out all comers in the
World Single Operator All Band High Power category with 14.2 million points!
(Dan, did those go toward the SCCC club score? All good if your allegiance
was elsewhere.) Making the Top 5 in this category is making it to the
clouds. Winning it is definitely reaching the pinnacle!

And congrats to all of the other SCCCers that rang up scores toward our club
effort.

When the dust had settled, the SCCC finished tenth with 31 million points
from 74 logs, one of our better finishes in recent years. The sunspots may
be lower than in recent memory but we are still holding our own. Great job,
everyone!

Summer is just about here and it's a great time to do antenna and tower
work. Keep on rockin' it!

--Dennis NE6I