[SCCC] January VHF Roving Sites

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 4 02:04:03 EDT 2017

Brandon,

I welcome other rovers to Southern Calif.  More the merrier!  I am usually active in the June contest, and make half-hearted efforts in Sept and January because the activity is so low.

I echo what Dave TEB said.   Can't beat Signal Hill for DM03.

There is an OK site for DM04 in Glendale off the 2 Freeway.   The parking lot for the Scholl Canyon Ball Field has a good

shot to the South (Orange County) and to the West.  It is very blocked to the north.  OK to the east.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.158717,-118.2047273,17z

Another site for DM04 is in the Santa Monica mountains.  I operated once off of Mullholland Dr, but it is an unofficial motorcycle race track.   I operated from the turnout labelled "The Snake Carspot"    It is loud there!  https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0988862,-118.8047278,512m/data=!3m1!1e3  I<https://www.google.com/maps/@34.0988862,-118.8047278,512m/data=!3m1!1e3>

Others have operated out there near Saddle Peak.   Wayne N6NB do you have specifics on that?

73,

Tim N6GP