[SCCC] January VHF Roving Sites

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 6 22:57:47 EST 2017

I just remembered another DM04 location that I have used to minimize driving.

The parking lot of Schurr High School in Montebello is pretty good.   There are

high tension lines to the northwest, but QRN has never been a problem.   Never

had anyone chase me out of there.  At least in June, it is always open during the

day on Saturday.  Sundays the gate is locked.

Altitude is about 350 feet above sea level.

Brandon - I would suggest roving to populated areas like Phoenix, Las Vegas, LA metro area, and San Francisco.

The Calif Central Valley has been VERY unproductive for me.  Very few stns to work there.

73,

Tim N6GP

P.S.  The June VHF results are out!   Bruce  KG6IYN, you did great on 3 bands!

http://www.arrl.org/results-database?vhf_class=&vhf_sect=&clb_name=Southern+California+Contest+Club&ss_call=&sort0=&sort1=&sort2=&event_id=91406

Results Database<http://www.arrl.org/results-database?vhf_class=&vhf_sect=&clb_name=Southern+California+Contest+Club&ss_call=&sort0=&sort1=&sort2=&event_id=91406>
www.arrl.org
The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.