[SCCC] Revised January VHF Rover Route

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:41:47 EST 2017

Brandon,

Your route sounds better.   DM12 might produce more QSOs than the desert.  Can you email me your attachment, please?

Not sure what you meant in your message about picking up DM14, as Lake Arrowhead etc are in that grid.  Did you mean DM04?

I have no idea what my favorite sites up in the mountains are like in the winter and snow.  I would assume they won't work in the snow.

First is the Rim of the World High School parking lot.   I put my 6M Moxon up on the berm of the road so that it can look down into the valley.

Another spot is the area just opposite the Heaps Peak dump.   There is a flat area on the south side of the road that is a perfect spot for the LA basin.

Onyx Peak of course to try to work north or east, but I bet its COLD up there.

Try to set up skeds with the Central Calif people ahead of time.  Remember, you CAN now self-spot, use telephone or internet or any other means

to arrange QSOs during the contest.   Use the Northern Calif VHF page to get in touch with the folks up north.  http://www.n6sjv.org/

73,

Tim N6GP