[SCCC] Another conflict at 3 p.m. Saturday

Wayne Overbeck overbeck6 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 21:00:50 EDT 2017

Good heavens!

I was asked last week to fill in for another speaker
by giving my talk, "Roving from Coast to Coast:  60
years of radio adventures," at 3 p.m. Saturday at
Hamcon!

I would never have agreed to do this if I'd realized that
the SCCC Contest Forum and Dennis' Vietnam talk
were both also at 3 p.m. Saturday.  I was planning to
talk about teams of rovers winning 13 club gavels for
SCCC, perhaps with a few other SCCC members in the
room.  Maybe I'd better just show slides of the scenery of
Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Vermont, La La Land and
other places I've roved with VHF gear.  Maybe I'll even
show slides of my tower trailer atop the dizzying heights
of Mt. Sunflower, the highest point in Kansas.

73, Wayne, N6NB