[SCCC] NAQP CW N6AN Single Op QRP

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 5 15:41:18 EDT 2018

                 North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA

  160:    1     1
   80:    1     1
   40:    3     3
   20:   89    45
   15:    6     3
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  101    54  Total Score = 5,454

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

Portable operation from Mt Waterman summit, 8000' SOTA W6/CT-012).
An hour drive to the trail head, 80 minutes up, 50 minutes down, hour drive
home. My pack weight was about 20 lbs including 6 lbs of water.
I used a KX3 with Bioenno battery, paper log and an LnR Precision end fed wire
sloper about 20 feet off the ground. There are some large rock formations up
there that allow  access to tree branches. Next time I will try shooting a line
over a higher branch.
I was heard from KL7 to 8P, HI to NH. JA and R6 dx heard. The single answer to
my CQs was from NC6Q! Thanks, Bob. S&P was the only way to fill the log.
N6AA moved me through 6 bands. Thanks to the KX3 tuner for finding a match for
80/160.
It was hard to find a spot where I could sit comfortably and rest the radio in a
way that allowed me to send with the attached paddle. My fist was not the best
today.
Thanks for the QSOs and the fun.

David N6AN