[SCCC] Brain Trust--Transfer of Callsign License Plates

w6rw w6rw at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 11 11:23:33 EDT 2018

Arizona once again is better than California. I just traded in my car at a dealership. They took my Arizona ham plate off if my old car and put it on my new car. The taped a paper temporary number on top of the plate and told me to remove the paper when I receive the registration in the mail.
Mike W6RW

-------- Original message --------From: Bill Shell - N6WS <n6ws at n6ws.com> Date: 8/11/18  7:41 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: sccc at contesting.com Subject: Re: [SCCC] Brain Trust--Transfer of Callsign License Plates
Hank,

I just went to AAA, and told them what I wanted to do.  I don't remember
the exact process, but the plates remained in my custody.  I had to wait
until the regular plates arrived to go on the new car before I went back
to AAA to complete the registration change to the ham plates on the new
car.

73, Bill
N6WS