[SCCC] ARRL DX CW W6YA SOHP 20

Jim McCook w6ya at cox.net
Mon Feb 19 00:41:22 EST 2018

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

   160:
    80:
    40:
    20:  757    98
    15:
    10:
-------------------
Total:  757    98  Total Score = 222,558

Despite the poor conditions, 20m was a fun band...that is, until the flare hit
Sunday morning at about 1530z.  From that point it was more difficult going into
Europe the rest of the morning.  My usual band for this contest is 15m, but this
was the time for my first shot at 20m.  Again it was obvious that the clusters
produced zero beat pileups that covered the DX when they ID'd.  I dream of DX
contests where there are no spotting networks and no skimmers (sigh).  Thanks to
all who struggled to get my call.  73, Jim