[SCCC] CQ160 SSB W6JBR Single Op LP

W6JBR w6jbr at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 26 09:17:12 EST 2018

                   CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W6JBR
Operator(s): W6JBR
Station: W6JBR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oceanside, CA USA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 27  State/Prov = 10  Countries = 0  Total Score = 540

I tried a few new things, but am still hampered on 160 by lack of an efficient antenna. I can hear more than I can work. I hope to go QRO once I mod my Clipperton L. I have been considering building a 160m helical vertical. My local band noise has gone down considerably in the last year, which helps.

Thanks for pulling me out of the noise.

CUL ES 73 DE JR W6JBR

Rig- TS-450SAT exciter driving Clipperton L (4 X 811A) to the contest LP limit of 150W output.
Tuner- Nye-Viking MB-V-A
Ant- 65' end fed as inverted L @ 31'.
CPU- Dell Inspiron I1721 laptop w/AMD Athlon TK-55 2.80 GHz 32 Bit Vista
Interface- Homebrew
Software- N1MM+