[SCCC] Code of Conduct

Keith Hoyt k6gxo at antelecom.net
Mon Jan 1 02:16:44 EST 2018

Dick:

Ever since I was first exposed to this "Code of Conduct" issue I have
stood quietly by, trying to digest all of the concerns in order to be
objective. But, it's hard to be objective or stand by doing nothing when
a trusted friend is being stabbed in the back.

I have read the e-mail addressed to you by Ken Widelitz, K6LA. I have
read others as well. But, in my opinion, Ken has written a very concise
and honest e-mail.  He stated that your honesty and integrity are above
reproach and I agree having known you personally for a number of years.
Further, you were voted into your position by the members of your
district which means they approve of you, what you do, and how you do
it. You did not buy your way in.

I am a life member of ARRL but, like Ken, I am considering reducing or
totally dropping any and all support of the League. I no longer have to
pay dues but I respond to the majority of the requests concerning the
various programs which I will no longer contribute to.  Also, as  an
ARRL acredited VE I am inclined to no longer assist with testing applicants.

It's a real shame that negative politics have surfaced and entered into
the picture but that appears to be the case.

Unless someone can convince me otherwise I back you 100 % ....not so
much for the ARRL until this mess gets straightened out. Keep up the
good work.

Sincerely,

Keith Hoyt, K6GXO

Trustee for K6OX