[SCCC] Fwd: [NCCC] ARRL Board Meeting - K7CEX Email

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Tue Jan 9 12:56:55 EST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: va7rr at telus.net <va7rr at telus.net>
Date: Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 9:40 AM
Subject: [NCCC] ARRL Board Meeting - K7CEX Email
To: NCCC Reflector <nccc at contesting.com>

Hello All,

     This just showed up from K7CEX, the Northwestern Division ARRL
Director.

73,
Gary VA7RR

Members of the Northwestern Division

Many of you have seen emails and reflector posts that bring into
question the activities of the ARRL Board of Directors.  Unfortunately,
those reports – by omission of information – are very misleading and
often deliberately untrue.  You might also notice that most of those
emails and postings are not personally created by the sender, but are
‘cut and paste’ literature that has been designed and suggested by a
few people from areas other than the Northwestern Division.  I don’t
know about you, but I’m not influenced by ‘junk mail’ whether it
comes on paper or electronically; nor would I think you would want your
Director to be influenced in that custom.

I do appreciate the individual emails that I have received from the NW
Division members, and I try to respond to each one of them.  Reasonable
people can reason together and resolve any issue.  Unfortunately, Steve
Jobs was right when he said, “if you want to please everyone, don’t
be in leadership - sell ice cream instead”.

There is much to be discussed at the upcoming board meeting; none of
which is guaranteed to pass or be defeated despite the onslaught of
angry and demanding emails.  I try to become fully informed on a matter
before I vote on it.  Despite that, I have been asked to declare my vote
now, by individuals, on matters that have not even been
discussed/debated by the board.  To declare my vote now, would not be
good representation for the Northwestern Division.  Please understand
that your concerns are my concerns.  I hope that thus far, I’ve
performed well enough that you understand my intentions.

As to the alleged ‘gag order’ placed on Directors; anyone who knows
me or has heard me speak, or read my newsletters, knows this to be an
untrue claim.

The ARRL is in the hands of a capable board of directors who are all
concerned about the future of our hobby.  Do we all agree on every
matter?  Of course not!  Do we debate/discuss/argue over matters?  Yes,
we do!  But in the end, it is compromise and consensus that matters, as
it is in any legislative process.

I expect the upcoming meeting will be difficult, but I expect reasonable
and workable solutions to prevail, and not be influenced by anything
except good governing processes and good rational thinking.

By the way; you can always know how I vote on matters by reading the
minutes of the meeting or ask me directly.  I will always make my votes
clear.

73 and good Hamming – and chase those grids

Jim Pace, K7CEX

ARRL Northwestern Division
Director: James D Pace, K7CEX
k7cex at arrl.org