[SCCC] W6YA IARU

Jim McCook w6ya at cox.net
Sun Jul 15 16:26:36 EDT 2018

Call:*W6YA <http://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W6YA>*
Operator(s):W6YA <http://www.3830scores.com/findcall.php?call=W6YA>
Station: W6YA

Class:*SOABCW HP*
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):
Location: USA

<http://www.3830scores.com/comparescores.php?arg=kHqgHzHimcfL&call=W6YA>
Band 	CW Qs 	Ph Qs 	Zones 	HQ Mults
160:

80:

40: 	14

20: 	99

15:

10:

Total: 	*113* 	*0* 	*0* 	*0* 	Total Score 	*15,776*

Club: Southern California Contest Club

The only goal I had in this contest was to work WRTC stations under less
than favorable conditions. As it turned out, 20m was great for Europe
all day long. Propagation forecast by VOACAP was extremely accurate,
predicting peak times during the day on 20m for Berlin from my QTH near
San Diego. I managed to work 60 of the 63 WRTC stations, but the
strongest ones were only S-5. I heard none of them on 40m in the evening
among other Europeans. It was lots of fun to dig through all the loud
signals to find the weak ones.... a real hunting experience without any
use of spotting networks.

Jim