[SCCC] K6NA IARU-HF 2018

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Tue Jul 17 20:17:03 EDT 2018

                   IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6NA

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: SDG

   160:    19    0       5       1
    80:   123    0      13       5
    40:   415    0      33      31
    20:   563    0      36      36
    15:    91    0      16      13
    10:     6    0       2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1217    0     105      86  Total Score = 771,831

Always fun in IARU-HF, because summertime conditions are so unpredictable.
Intended a more serious effort, but Murphy visited in the form of multiple amp
failures in the first hour.  That was a first for me.  Sometimes I
could recover
with a restart, after a delay, but not always.  In the second hour I started
having issues with the other amp, too.  Different kind of problem, but a real
time-waster.  Worked lots of stations with just the exciter, while waiting for
an amp to come back up.  I did CQ at times, but did a lot of S&P also... got
caught up in tuning for the HQ stations and also the Y8 stations.  The score
isn't great, but I still had fun and especially liked running into lots of old
friends...!
73, Glenn K6NA
PS:  Managed to find/work 50 of the Y8 WRTC stations, all on
20m.  None heard elsewhere.