[SCCC] CW Practice idea

Timothy Coker n6win at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 16:13:03 EST 2018

So Danny really helped me out with catching a bug for CW practice.
While drinking some beers over hotdogs at his son's birthday party I asked him how on earth could I get back into the hobby and feel efficient after a four year hiatus?
He turned me on to these things called CWT's held three times every weekend. Saying that Chris, KL9A was telling him they were a great help. I told him I wasn't ready for those.
Then he said something about DXLog having Morserunner incorporated, but with several contest modules. He said it would help me with pileups, becoming faster, and better at logging. It intrigued me enough to buy a license.
He also then told me about a free program called RUFZXP that could be used to become more efficient at speed and head copy. I downloaded it.
His message next was the hard part... do it OFTEN. Ah... the part where most people buy gym memberships on January one, over crowding the gym, and then the real gym rats rejoice a few weeks later when all those resolution folks show their true colors! :)
So, what's going on with this email?
Would anyone in the club like to join me in trading results as often as daily using these programs? Say best of up to three results daily during the week?
Surely the idea would prevent those who have X foot tall towers and Y numbers of yagi's from doing better.

The end result should net some increased camaraderie and self improvement.

Tim / N6WIN.