[SCCC] TS-590 and FT8

Wolf Leverich, WA6I leverich at mtpinos.com
Wed May 30 00:07:22 EDT 2018

Hi David -

I'm assuming you're using the internal USB audio capability of
the TS-590sg.  Here are some menu settings that might cause no
transmit audio (and a few random other settings):

33 Data low cut				10
34 Data high cut			3000
36 TX equalization			off
69 Line selection for data comm:	USB
70 Source of SEND/PTT transmission:	rear
71 USB Input: 				4 is a good default
76 VOX operation with data input:	OFF

Also, make sure that your data PWR isn't zero.  ;)

In WSJT-X, here are some relevant settings:

PTT:					CAT
Transmit audio source:			Rear/data (this might be different for you!)
Mode:					Data/Pkt
Split operation:			Rig

And make sure that both receive and transmit audio are "CODEC",
and start with the PWR slider in the lower right of the main
WSJT-X screen is mid-range.

If that doesn't do it, write me off-list and we'll beat on it until
we get you going.  ;)

73de WA6I (Wolf)