[SCCC] Fishing Line in SoCal Sunlight??

Steve k0xp at k0xp.com
Sun Dec 1 01:26:22 EST 2019

Does anybody have any idea how Berkley-brand "Trilene Big Game" 60 lb
fishing line (dunno whether it's "monofilament", the reel doesn't
say) withstands Southern California sun UV? I've had my wire mounted
in a tree for nearly a year now by some 100+ feet of this line and am
wondering whether I should replace the fishing line before it rots
and snaps. I can't see the line where it passes over the top or other
side of the tree so I don't know just how exposed it might be to
sunlight. I suspect I should worry more about abrasion and replace it
every half year or so?

Thanks,
Steve K0XP