[SCCC] RF Noise

Wyatt Law wyattlaw4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 00:00:13 EST 2019

Hello all,

I was wondering what everyone else uses to cut down on noise. I used to
have a problem where whenever I did CW, it would turn off the TVs in my
house and make my PC monitor flicker. That has been fixed for a while with
ferrite beads. The only issue that I have now is that whenever my dad's PC
is turned on across the house, it blows out my IC-7300. It makes a ton of
noise all over the panadapter and significantly raises the noise level.
When the PC is turned off, the noise is gone. What could be done to stop
this? I've read online that people wrap their cables in torrids? If so what
size and where should I get them? I have tired different combinations of
beads and looping the coax with no change and was wondering if anyone has
had any success with torrid wrapping?

Thanks,
Wyatt
AI6V