[SCCC] W6TK - ARRL DX CW

Marko Myllymaki marko.l.myllymaki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 02:00:26 EST 2019

I do have bit different take on this having been on other end and using my
own time and dollars to travel and operating from rare places.
I have also been accused of not iding in past often enough and I have tried
to improve my operating and it is probably better now.
However, giving your call is part of managing pileup and every time you ID
you invite more people into pile-up who otherwise may not yet get in.  I
definitely do not support requirement to ID on every QSO (as some people
insist we should do).  It does not make sense.  Also, it is you, who are in
the pileup ultimately who is deciding to stick around or not.  If station in
other end does not give the call, he does not want more people, ie you to
get into pile-up at that moment.  He already has enough stations to handle
or more than he can rapidly handle and more stations would further slow him
down.  You are free to move on.  If you decide to stick around when not
knowing who station is, then that is your decision.  Yes, I know it is
annoying when waiting that ID, and even this weekend I did not like couple
stations who took long time to ID.  But I completely myself decided what to
do about it, stay or move on.  I moved on one time.
Just my opinion.
73 de Marko N5ZO