[SCCC] ARRL Low Power Category - a Survey

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Mon Feb 18 14:26:45 EST 2019

Hi,

If you participate in ARRL contests in the low power category, I'm interested in what power you're using:  The 100 watts that most transceivers are capable of? The 150 watts that is the maximum allowed? If 150, how are you getting 150: a 150W transceiver or a transceiver plus amplifier? I found several times this past weekend in ARRL DX CW where having 1.8 dB additional power would have made completion of a QSO easier or would have been the difference between completing and not completing the QSO. Thanks.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)