[SCCC] W6UE ARRL DX CW

David Hodge davidchodge at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:46:41 EST 2019

Our reduced antenna farm was out of commission for the weekend so I threw together
an 80 meter inverted vee and got it strung up between rain storms last week.
Unfortunately, our noise problems have not diminished and anything below 5 over S9 was
inaudible. Friday night I could hear XE2B and XE2X. I was running only 100 Watts because the
antenna was too long and the VSWR was around 4:1. XE2X heard me so the log consists of 1 QSO.

73,
David N6AN

  Contest: ARRL-DX-CW
   Call Sign: W6UE
 Operator(s): N6AN
    Category: Single Operator, 80 Meters
    Operator: SINGLE-OP - Created from: Number of operators question (Answer: Only one)
    Assisted: NON-ASSISTED - Created from: Spotting assistance question (Answer: No)
       Power: LOW - Created from: Highest power question (Answer: 150W or less)
        Band: 80M
 Transmitter: ONE
     Station: FIXED
    Location: LAX
Station Grid: DM04wd
        Club: Southern California Contest Club - Created from club question
      E-mail: n6an at arrl.net
 QSOs in Log: 1
Confirmation: 4410305.arrl-dx-cw