[SCCC] RTTY Roundup - N1MM+ / WSJT-X scoring issue

Jim Price jnprice at pacbell.net
Sun Jan 6 19:03:20 EST 2019

Hi Gang - first, thanks to Jeff et al for the info about the RTTY Roundup,
the plans for FT8 operations in that contest, and the 'marriage' of N1MM+
and WSJT-X.

That was kinda fun!  I spent a few hours on both RTTY and FT8 in the contest
this weekend.  I installed the interface between N1MM+ and WSJT-X, and it
seemed to work just fine.  The QSOs from WSJT-X got logged in N1MM+, N1MM+
picked up the mults, read the freq, etc.

BUT there was one thing that didn't work:  each of the FT8 QSOs in my N1MM+
log show zero points, rather than 1 point like it should (and like all of
the RTTY Qs do).  I hit the "Rescore Current Contest" function in N1MM+, but
it didn't change anything.

I guess my brute force remedy is to go into the Cabrillo file and enter a 1
each place that there's a 0.  Or maybe I have to do that in the ADI file
before it's converted to Cabrillo?
In any case - is there an easier (better) way?

Any help is appreciated.  Tnx, 73 - Jim K6ZH

P.S.  Overall I made 265 Qs (168 RTTY and 97 FT8)  x 61 mults (43 US/VE and
18 DX)  = 16,165 pts in about 10 hours of operating time.

P.P.S. I DO appreciate the software work being done by the developers of
both N1MM+ and WSJT-X, so a little issue like this is "no biggie" in the
grand scheme of things.  We are extremely fortunate to be able to use
sophisticated programs like these for free!!