[SCCC] K6NR NAQP CW

Dana Roode K6NR dana.roode at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 02:02:53 EST 2019

Call: K6NR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ca
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

  160:   51    24
   80:  174    40
   40:  166    47
   20:  165    49
   15:  192    36
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  748   196  Total Score = 146,608

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

My station is 80 miles north of my home in the high desert;
I use it remotely for casual operation but locally when I
am semi-serious about a contest. I didn't feel like driving
out there so I worked NAQP remotely (muddy roads due to
a rare California rain storm).

Worked pretty well most of the day, starting off on 15m
with a 120 QSO hour. Conditions were good.  Went to 20 and
did some search and pounce then started up a CQ. I had a
number of callers.  That's when the network decided to die
(sorry to the folks who I left hanging).

Network came back half hour later and I got back on and
called CQ on 20 for awhile but wasn't getting anywhere.
Finally figured out that the beam was pointed the opposite
direction from where it should have been (the rotator
doesn't indicate right).  Pointed it back out to the east
and the QSO rate picked up (surprise!).

Conditions on 40, 80 and 160 were pretty good too and I
finished the contest without any more network issues.
Many thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

  Dana, K6NR

Station: K3, 5L at 45' on 15; 4L at 50' on 20; 40m 4 Square;
  80M top loaded vertical and 160m Inverted L, over lots
  of radials.