[SCCC] NAQP SSB K6RO Single Op LP

Larry Shapiro lashap at cox.net
Sun Jan 20 14:07:01 EST 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LAX

  160:
   80:   42    11
   40:   48    12
   20:   34    18
   15:    3     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  128    43  Total Score = 5,504

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Wanted to get on to shake off some of the rust .
All I have is an R9 mounted 3 feet above ground that has issues.
After my first 10 q's,I changed the matching transformer that came as a
replacement,and that helped a lot.
This antenna just doesn't work right.Next step is to raise to 10 feet above
ground to see if that helps.
I have an MA40 tower,and some JK antennas that are going up soon.That should
get
me heard much better.
Thanks to all who took the time to hear my weak signal :)
I did take a 3 hour break to go play a tennis tournament , so between ham
and
tennis,I had a good day.
Thanks,73 Larry k6ro