[SCCC] Antenna Challenge

Mark Schoonover mark at ka6wke.net
Thu Jan 24 22:19:14 EST 2019

Glenn and Mike,

Thanks for the ideas. I've tried most of them already. I did make a
run to the candy store after work and picked up a W2DU current balun.
After thinking about it, the one I bought 15 years ago was good from
3.5-30 MHz. No difference. I tried the W2DU between at the antenna and
between the tuner and rig. No luck. I tried clamp on filters for the
DC cable at one time w/o any difference. I decided to put a SWR bridge
between the rig and tuner and it confirms the SWR meter in the rig. I
think there's something up with the tuner and I've pulled it offline
and will use the built-in tuner for the contest. I'll plan on sending
it back to LDG to take a look at it.

Yes, it's CQ 160 not ARRL 160. ARRL 160 was when I discovered this problem. :(

Thanks again!

73! Mark KA6WKE

Website: https://www.ka6wke.net
Live Stream: https://www.ka6wke.net/live-stream